St. Luke School
Faith Formation for Children
In addition to St. Luke School, we offer families the opportunity to participate in our Religious Education Program, which starts in the fall. Our program provides the opportunities to experience the rich sacramental life of the Church that can nourish and sustain our faith.
Register Children for Religious Education
Come learn with us! We offer both in-school and at-home programs:
- First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion are usually received in second grade when children have an understanding and readiness. Preparation requires two years of faith formation in first and second grade.
- Confirmation is usually received in eighth grade. The celebration of this sacrament focuses on a young person’s faith and commitment to Christ, and his/her desire to continue the practice of the faith as an adult in the parish community.
- In-school classes are on Wednesdays in St. Luke School. Grades 1–4 meet from 3:30 – 4:30 pm, and grades 5–8 meet from 6:30 – 8:00 pm.
- At-home study program allows parents to work with their child(ren) using the same resources as the in-school classes.
- The information packet for the 2022-23 session can be found here.
Special Religious Education Program – SPRED
SPRED enables young people with developmental disabilities to participate in a Faith Formation series that will guide their spiritual growth and prepare them for the sacraments of Holy Communion and Confirmation. We are planning to start the program again this fall. Contact our Religious Education Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 708-435-8960 for more information.
Virtus Training to Protect Our Children
Our Religious Education and School classes depend on volunteers to teach and lead our children on their faith journey. The Archdiocese of Chicago requires that volunteers complete the Virtus Training Program in order to be in compliance with the Archdiocesan mission to protect children and young people. To register for this program, contact our Religious Education Coordinator at email@example.com or 708-435-8960.