Faith Formation for Children
In addition to St. Luke School, we offer families the opportunity to participate in our Religious Education Program, which starts in the fall. Our program provides the opportunities to experience the rich sacramental life of the Church that can nourish and sustain our faith.
Register Children for Religious Education
Come learn with us! We offer both in-school and at-home programs:
- First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion are usually received in second grade when children have an understanding and readiness. Preparation requires two years of faith formation in first and second grade.
- Confirmation is usually received in eighth grade. The celebration of this sacrament focuses on a young person’s faith and commitment to Christ, and his/her desire to continue the practice of the faith as an adult in the parish community.
- In-school classes are on Wednesdays in St. Luke School. Grades 1–4 meet from 3:30 – 4:30 pm, and grades 5–8 meet from 6:30 – 8:00 pm.
- At-home study program allows parents to work with their child(ren) using the same resources as the in-school classes.
- Call the parish office at 708-771-8250 to pick up the 2023-24 registration packet, or download, complete and email it to the Religious Education department at firstname.lastname@example.org. The packet can also be turned in at the parish office through the mail slot at the front door on Lathrop Ave. Registration is due on Wednesday, September 13, the first day of classes!
Special Religious Education Program – SPRED
SPRED enables young people with developmental disabilities to participate in a Faith Formation series that will guide their spiritual growth and prepare them for the sacraments of Holy Communion and Confirmation. We are planning to start the program again this fall. Contact our Religious Education department at email@example.com for more information.
St. Luke School
Introducing the vibrant and inclusive Youth Group at St. Luke and St. Bernardine! Our community is a place where young minds come together to grow, connect, and make a positive impact. Whether you’re seeking a sense of belonging, fun activities, or a chance to give back, our Youth Group is the perfect avenue.
Join us in exciting adventures, from enriching discussions and community service projects to unforgettable events that build lasting friendships. At St. Luke and St. Bernardine, we believe in nurturing the next generation’s potential, fostering leadership, and creating memories that will last a lifetime. Come be a part of our dynamic and welcoming community where you can thrive and make a real difference!